Welcome to the ISB
Welcome to the International Society for Biocuration's website. The (ISB) is a non-profit organisation for biocurators, developers, and researchers with an interest in biocuration. The society promotes the field of biocuration and provides a forum for information exchange through meetings and workshops.
- Mark the dates ! The 7th International Biocuration Conference will be held on April 6-9th, 2014 in Toronto, Canada. Read more on the conferences page.
- The website and registration are now open: http://biocuration2014.events.oicr.on.ca
- The first official AGM of the Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education and Training (GOBLET) was held on Nov 7, hosted by the TGAC center. GOBLET's aims are to:
- - Provide a global, sustainable support and networking structure for bioinformatics educators/trainers and students/trainees (including a training portal for sharing materials, tools, tips and techniques; guidelines and best practice documents; facilities to help train the trainers; and offering different learning pathways for different types of learner)
- - Facilitate capacity development in bioinformatics in all countries
- - Develop standards and guidelines for bioinformatics education and training
- - Act as a hub for fund gathering
- - Reach out to, amongst others, teachers at high schools, to bridge the gap to the next generation of bioinformaticians, and
- - Foster the international community of B3CB trainers
- 2013 ISB Executive Committee
The term of the 2013/2014 ISB Executive Committee (EC) starts on November 1st, 2013. We are delighted to welcome Melissa Haendel and Jennifer Harrow to the ISB EC, joining Teresa Attwood, Alex Bateman, J. Michael Cherry, Pascale Gaudet, Monica Munoz-Torres, Claire O'Donovan, and Marc Robinson-Rechavi. We are grateful to Renate Kania and Chisato Yamasaki for having served on the committee since 2011.
- Minutes from monthly ISB Executive Committee meeting are public. We welcome your input on the discussion topics and decisions made by the ISB Executive Committee.