Welcome to the ISB
Welcome to the International Society for Biocuration's website. The (ISB) is a non-profit organisation for biocurators, developers, and researchers with an interest in biocuration. The society promotes the field of biocuration and provides a forum for information exchange through meetings and workshops.
- 2014 Elections of the ISB Executive Committee The Executive Committee is composed of nine (9) members, each with a 3-year term. This year, there are four (4) open positions. The list of the 2014 ISB EC candidates is now posted, with each candidates' letter of intent. Please read these letters carefully before making your choice.
- - Voting will take place online over the course of one week on September 11 - 18, 2014.
- - The Nominating Committee oversees the electoral process and to establish the final list of candidates. This year, the Nominating Committee is composed of: Marc Gillespie (St.John's University, USA), Tomas Di Domenico (University of Padova, Italy), Jodi Hirschman (Princeton University, USA), Peter McQuilton (University of Cambridge, UK), and Betina Porcel (CEA, IG, Genoscope, France).
- The 8th International Biocuration Conference will be held on April 23-26th, 2015 in Beijing, China. More details will follow in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned !
- The ISB offers Micro-Grants for Regional ISB Meetings. ISB Micro-Grants are meant to sponsor local/regional short meetings of ISB members to synergize their work efforts, to generate a space to share your work, and to further help to advance the goals of the society. Micro-Grants are awarded in the amount of (US) $500 per group, and applications may be submitted at any time (i.e. no deadlines). For more details, see ISB Micro-Grants.
2014 Electoral Process