Welcome to the ISB
Welcome to the International Society for Biocuration's website. The (ISB) is a non-profit organisation for biocurators, developers, and researchers with an interest in biocuration. The society promotes the field of biocuration and provides a forum for information exchange through meetings and workshops.
- The 8th International Biocuration Conference will be held on April 23-26th, 2015 in Beijing, China. More details will follow in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned !
- 2014 Elections of the ISB Executive Committee The Executive Committee is composed of nine (9) members, each with a 3-year term. This year, there are four (4) open positions, as the terms of Monica Munoz-Torres, Pascale Gaudet, J. Mike Cherry and Claire O'Donovan come to completion. Membership of the Executive Committee is a great way to become directly involved with the work of our society, and contribute to the decisions that are taken on behalf of the biocuration community. We would like to encourage all members interested in running for election to become involved in the process.
- - To run for election, candidates are required to submit a short biographic sketch, and complete a 'conflict of interests' statement describing any activities, memberships of other associations, editorial positions on journals, etc. In the first instance however, you should register your intent to run with the nominating committee at isbelection -- @ -- gmail.com
- - The nominating process ends on August 28, 2014, so all documents must be sent to the ISB by that date.
- - The Nominating committee will review the candidacies and make them available to the ISB membership on the 4th of September.
- - Voting will take place online over the course of one week on September 11 - 17 (details will soon follow).
- - A Nominating Committee has been formed to oversee the electoral process and to establish the final list of candidates.
- The ISB offers Micro-Grants for Regional ISB Meetings. ISB Micro-Grants are meant to sponsor local/regional short meetings of ISB members to synergize their work efforts, to generate a space to share your work, and to further help to advance the goals of the society. Micro-Grants are awarded in the amount of (US) $250 per group, and applications may be submitted at any time (i.e. no deadlines). For more details, see ISB Micro-Grants.
2014 Electoral Process